January 21, 2011

Ambition



Macbeth has been acting like a wimp these days.    When I suggested that he try harder to become king, he seemed appalled at the idea!  But why is he so scared of one more murder?  If it were his first murder, it might not have been strange but he was a ruthless man who fought in wars and won bloody battles.  My husband who was ever so brave and ambitious has turned into a little boy who “sees” monsters in the shapes of weird sisters promising him of riches and great future, yet he is hesitant!  Therefore, I must help him reach his destiny.
  His whimpering and whining is irritating me quite the bit.  He has just returned from finishing the deed, and my beloved fool has brought back evidence!  This dear man shocks me at times, what was he thinking!  Carrying a bloody dagger around the castle after finally finishing the plan; I must take matters into my own hands and clean up his faults. 
As I was returning towards my dearest, I realized that I am just as responsible for Duncan’s murder as Macbeth.  Yet unlike my husband, I can hide my true intentions like a serpent hidden underneath a flower.  Yet I feel it strange that I do not dwell in the guilt of my deceit.  But at least the deed is done and I can finally become queen beside my dearest Macbeth.

-January 12, 1634 (Prabha Poudel)