January 21, 2011

He reminded me of my father


I have just come back from Duncan’s room. The chamberlains are knocked out cold as planned. I feel quite dizzy from the drinks but also energized, the deed is probably being done at this very moment! Everything is about to change. Once Macbeth kills Duncan he will be one step closer to becoming King of Scotland, and I will become queen. I can hear the drunken servants at this moment, making a mockery of their jobs by snoring instead of protecting the king. I put the servants' daggers where Macbeth would find them. He couldn’t have missed them. I hope everything is going alright. Hopefully his weak heart does not get in the way of doing this, or he could ruin everything. I paced the room, waiting for Macbeth to come back and tell me he finished the deed. My mind begins to wonder as I remember standing over Duncan’s bed ready to commit the deed myself, but I took one look at him and I could not do it. He reminded of how my father used to sleep when I was a little girl. He looked so peaceful and at ease, the poor man has no idea what is going to happen to him.  Wait, I have to focus, nothing can go wrong. I think I hear Macbeth coming… 

-January 13, 1634 (Deanna Alves)