January 21, 2011

Greatness Comes to my Noble Husband

                I have too much on my mind but this time its worth a lot.  Today can be the beginning of a new live for my husband and I. At noon, I received a letter by my husband which described Macbeth’s encounter of the ugly witches. They stated my lord will be named “Thane of Cawdor “and the “King of Scotland!”  As amazing as it seems, he was pronounced the Thane of Cawdor meaning the prophecy has become true!  

Does my husband have what it takes to be king? Yes he does but my only fear is that Macbeth is full of the milk of human kindness to strike violently at his first opportunity. I say he must be merciless if he wants to fulfill his ambition.  I must find a way to put an end on Duncan. The only way is to murder him. There is so little time as I’m waiting for my dearest husband to arrive home and maybe I could use my womanly charm to persuade him what this can mean to both of us.  I’m a strong woman who never loses and we must have the same determination if he wants to be the King of Scotland. I will give my lord his crown and we both shall rule, even if that means I must call down the evil spirits and take my emotions away. I want to feel like a powerful man and kill Duncan without guilt. I must go now and decide how he shall die, farewell.

-January 12, 1634 (Lavanya Amirthalingam)